Harris County Family Law
Attorney & Mediator Tom King
713-449-2000 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Law Mediation Instructions
Weekday mediation is $250 per half day (4.0 hours) per party; evening/weekend mediation rates double. Sessions at your location are $50 extra per party. Clients must pay via Zelle Quickpay to email@example.com using their bank's or Zelle's mobile app. Reservations confirmed only upon payment of all fees and no refunds within 7 days of mediation.
Confirm you and your client are registered with your county's District Clerk (i.e., at HCDistrictClerk.com for Harris Co. ) to receive case updates. Then, send Tom King a single email 7 days prior with the below PDF attachments with TYPED responses. See the free PDF Escape Online Editor or Adobe Reader if you lack these tools.
- Your Zelle payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date
- Your first settlement offer that is (a) fair and equitable regarding property; and (b) in the best interests of any children. We will start with this at mediation.
- Your completed "Texas Family Law Mediator Questionnaire" with full signature block information including the attorneys' SBN
- Your completed District Clerk's "Financial Information Form" with client's most recent paycheck stub and tax return
- Your completed DRO's "Child Support Information Sheet" - if there are children yet to graduate from high school, then Petitioner completes this form
- Your most recent filed petitions, answers and cross/counter pleadings
Check your calendar event notes for location instructions, arrive 15 minutes early and install the DocuSign mobile app to your smart/phone device:
- Video conferencing using Google Hangouts Meet and DocuSign document signing by clicking the link in your calendar invite
- Harris County Civil Courthouse, 201 Caroline, Room 1750, Houston, TX 77002*
- 5151 Katy Freeway, Suite 140, Houston, Texas 77007 *
- At your location with available WiFi ($50 additional per side)*
* All attorneys and clients must bring their own smart/mobile device with the DocuSign mobile app
Video Conference Mediation & Electronic Document Signing
Video conference mediations are efficient, convenient, time saving and work on all platforms ... even if you can only join us via audio from a landline. It's perfect when there is bad weather, domestic violence or remote participants. Google Hangouts Meet is used for the video conferencing and DocuSign is used for the document signing. It's all free, without logins or passwords. Prepare and participate as follows:
- If using a mobile device in mediation, download the Google Hangouts Meet app for Android or Apple iOS
- If using a computer in mediation, download the Google Chrome Browser
- Watch the Google Hangouts Meet video below, then join the video meeting by clicking on mediation link in the calendar invite
- All electronic documents will be delivered to your email address for signing without any special apps or logins
Schedule Your Mediation Right Now
Mediations are scheduled in 4-hour blocks, usually at 8:30 am and 12:30 pm. The meeting locations are Room 1750 of the Harris County Civil Courthouse at 201 Caroline, 5151 Katy Freeway Suite 140 or via Google Hangouts Meet with DocuSign. Indicate your preferred mediation location when you book your mediation time slot below ...