Harris County Family Law
Attorney & Mediator Tom King
713-449-2000 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Law Mediation Instructions
Weekday mediation is $250 per half day per party; evening/weekend mediation rates double. Sessions at your location are $50 extra per party. Sessions beyond 4.00 hours are an additional half day, due immediately. Clients must pay via Zelle Quickpay to email@example.com using their bank's or Zelle's mobile app. All payments are due at the time of scheduling and no refunds within 7 days of mediation.
Print double-sided on extra thick white paper, laminate with 9" x 11.5" lamination pouches, review with your client and then bring to mediation the below Mediation Helpsheet (.pdf) which is part of the free Texas Family Law Resources Binder.
Parties must send Tom King a single email seven (7) days prior to mediation with PDF attachments of the below items with only TYPED responses (using such free tools as PDF Escape Online Editor or Adobe Reader). Your First Settlement Offer will be the initial item shared in mediation.
- Your most recent filed petitions, answers and cross/counter pleadings
- Your Zelle payment confirmation
- Your "First Settlement Offer" that is (a) fair and equitable regarding property; and (b) in the best interests of any children
- Your completed District Clerk's "Financial Information Form" (click)
- Your completed DRO's "Child Support Information Sheet" - only completed by Petitioner if minor child involved (click)
- Your completed "Texas Family Law Mediator Questionnaire" with full signature block information (click)
Arrive 15 minutes early and check your calendar event notes for location instructions:
- Harris County Civil Courthouse, 201 Caroline, Room 1750, Houston, TX 77002 - default location
- 5151 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77007
- Google Hangouts video conferencing or Microsoft Skype video conferencing
- Face-to-Face in your office ($50 additional per side)
Video-conferenced mediation with Google Hangouts or Microsoft Skype requires all parties to have a video-camera enabled desktop/laptop computer (with the Chrome browser) or mobile device (with the Google Hangouts or Microsoft Skype mobile app) for the following scenarios:
- When domestic violence/intimidation is involved or the MSA is agreed/uncontested
- When there is bad weather, documented personal issues or the desire to save a half day of travel
- When at least one party is located too far away from the mediation location
Email Tom King your desired 8:00 am or 12:30 pm time slot that appears open on the below calendar. Your email should confirm your agreement to comply with all instructions on this page, include the cause number and copy the opposing attorney or Pro Se party. Evening/weekend session rates double per 4.00 hours.
Accept all calendar invite and advise Tom immediately if you are requesting that other people participate. Be sure to review the calendar invite's notes, attachments, location information and/or video conference instructions.
Check your calendar event to confirm the location and the latest notes. Bring your folder with all printed required items and the laminated copy of the Mediation Helpsheet already reviewed by all the attorneys and parties. Good luck!