Texas Online Mediator Tom King
Modern Video Conference Mediation
Houston Family Law Attorney Tom King
Texas Online Video Mediation
Video conference mediation for Texas Family Law cases that is secure and easy. Participate globally from any mobile device or Google Chrome enhanced PC. Perfect domestic violence, remote participants, overbooked schedules or attornies wanting to save roundtrip travel time. Accommodates any combination of video and audio-only participants. Book now for $250 per party for 4.0 hours weekdays at 9 am or 1 pm. Also, see our marketing flyer (PDF).
Houston In Person Mediation
In person mediation for Houston Family Law cases. Separate party and group caucus rooms on the ground floor of a non-smoking building with free valet parking and clean restrooms. We can also blend online and in person participants in the same session. Just 5 minutes west of downtown at 5151 Katy Freeway, Suite 140, Houston, Texas 77007. Book now for $250 per party for 4.0 hours weekdays at 9 am or 1 pm. Also, see our marketing flyer (PDF).
Booking & Notifications
- We mediate weekdays at 9 am & 1 pm ($250/party)
- We mediate after hours/weekends ($500/party)
- We confirm bookings with calendar invites
- We include all connection/location info in the calendar invite
- We send email + text reminders to keep your case on track
- Research availability and book now ...
- Share our flyer with the opposing party (PDF)
Two days prior to mediation, email email@example.com the below documents combined into one PDF file. All PDFs should have TYPED responses. See the free PDF Escape Online Editor or Adobe Reader if you lack access to PDF tools.
- Your Zelle payment confirmation printout
- Your case's latest live petitions, answers and cross/counter pleadings
- Your completed 2-page "Texas Family Law Mediator Questionnaire"
- If children are involved, your completed ...
- Review your calendar invite with the connection information
- Confirm the sending of the required documents info 24 hours prior
- Participate globally with a PC + Google Chrome or mobile device
- Audio-only callers can also participate with provided # and PIN
- Live closed captioning in English for hearing impaired participants
- Documents signed by electronic signatures
- No sign ups or logins
In Person Mediation
- Review your calendar invite with the location information
- Confirm the sending of the required documents 24 hours prior
- Free valet parking, clean restrooms, non-smoking facility
- Refreshments available for purchase in lobby
- Separate attorney/client and group caucus rooms
- Bring your laptop or mobile device for e-signing of documents
- 5151 Katy Freeway, Suite 140, Houston, Texas 77007
Post Mediation Responsibilities
The party responsible for all drafting, signature collection, filing, prove up and/or entry will be the Petitioner -- unless the Respondent is the only party represented by an attorney, in which case the Respondent will handle these post-mediation responsibilities.
Harris County: Courts Helpsheets
These contacts helpsheets are available for free to use and share, but do not edit these copyrighted contents. Please laminate multiple copies for your colleagues, co-workers, paralegals, briefcase, vehicle, office and home. Laminate with 5 mm, 9" x 11.5" lamination pouches. See Office Depot and Amazon for lamination machines and use extra thick white paper.
- Celebrate Recovery (CR)• Find a CR Group
- Family Law Board Certification Process
- Harris County Bar Association's Family Law Section
- Houston's First Baptist Church • 713-681-8000
- Houston's First Baptist Church Counseling Center • 713-335-6462
- HSSK Legal Experts • 1-800-747-5011
- Insight for Living with Dr. Charles Swindoll app • 1-800-772-8888
- LegalShield • LegalShield Personal Plans • 1-800-654-7757
- National Screening Centers • 713-226-7847
- Texas Association of Counties (District Clerks)
- Texas Bar • 1-800-204-2222
- Texas Bar College • 1-800-204-2222, ext 1819
- Texas Bar Family Law Section • 1-800-204-2222
- Texas Bar Continuing Legal Education (CLE) • 1-800-204-2222
- Texas Bar Conferences • 1-800-204-2222
- Texas Family Law Modern Mediation Flyer (PDF)
- Texas Mediation Chrome Extension (coming in Fall 2019)
- Texas HHS: Clerks, Registrars & Birth Certificates
- Texas Investigators • 1-888-708-2321
- Texas Lawyer's Assistance Program 1-800-343-8527
- Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LCH) • LTC-16 • 512-424-7293
- Urban Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans app
Texas Mediation Resource Binder
The Texas Mediation Law Resource Binder (TMRB) is a free collection of below helpsheets developed by family law former judges and board certified attorneys. It includes a Harris County Supplement. The TMRB is updated monthly as new helpsheets become available and is complimentary to the SBOT Texas Family Law Essential Toolkit. Print double-sided on extra think white paper (at least 28 lb.) and place in a 2" wide, 3-ring binder with external clear pouches for the included coversheets. Share with your colleagues as you see fit (without edits). Coming in January 2020!
- Child Custody & Visitation Helpsheet
- Child & Medical Support Helpsheet
- Client Personal Helpsheet
- Client Legal Helpsheet
- CPS Case Helpsheet
- Drug Testing Helpsheet
- Enforcement (Contempt) Helpsheet
- Entry & Prove Up Helpsheet
- Final Orders (Divorce/SAPCR) Helpsheet
- Mediation Helpsheet
- Modifications Helpsheet
- Name Changes Helpsheet
- Notice & Service Helpsheet
- Parental Rights & Duties Helpsheet
- Paternity Helpsheet
- Probate Issues Helpsheet
- Property Division Helpsheet
- Protective Orders Helpsheet
- QDROs Helpsheet
- Resources QR Codes Helpsheet
- Spousal Support Helpsheet
- Technology Helpsheet
- Texas Family Law Mediation Questionnaire
- Texas Family Law Modern Mediation Flyer
About Tom King
Tom King is family law attorney with experience in complex family cases. His mediation practice handles family, CPS, probate, elder and civil matters. He was a Galveston County District Attorney's Office (1993-1994) where he was undefeated in misdemeanor, felony and juvenile trials including capital murder. Tom is a member of the Texas Association of Mediators.
Tom graduated from St. Thomas High School (1981), Texas A&M University (1986), Boston University School of Law (1992) and is a member of the Texas Bar College. Tom is an NRA certified pistol instructor, licensed handgun owner, archer, bird/bow hunter, scuba diver, college sports fan and a Celebrate Recovery believer. Both of his sons are Eagles Scouts, one of which is a paratrooper in the US Army.