Tom is a modern marketing strategist, content specialist & attorney certified in multiple marketing disciplines with 20+ years of experience. He is pursuing a role with a company wanting to leverage his modern marketing skills to “leapfrog” competitors. Tom’s B2B/B2C experience includes commercial office leasing/real estate, industrial and retail.
Forward Marketing, 2010 – Present | President
Lead consultant of modern marketing services firm; Houston Internet Marketing Forum founder; Art Institute of Houston Curriculum Advisory Board member; and marketing lecturer at HBU, HCC, UH and AIH.
- Created Boxer Property’s “Content Factory”; wire-framed leasing syndication web service
- Advised McDermott Intl.’s CFO for audit of website overhaul with BrandExtract
- Managed Arc Designs, Braun’s Roofing & Louetta Automotive’s brand and website overhauls
Bishop Lifting Products, 2004 – 2009 | Internet Marketing Manager
Marketing team member responsible for all Internet marketing activities and achieved the following:
- Created Lifting.com corporate website with 88% of keywords on Page 1 of SERPs
- Created Slings.com webstore with 33,000 SKUs with $250K quarterly revenue
- Internet consultant to BLP’s key OEMs due to success of Slings.com & Lifting.com
Advanced Micro Devices, 2002 – 2003 | Strategic Initiatives Coordinator
Marketing team member managing initiatives with Microsoft, HP, Fujitsu, Sony USA/Japan, Fujitsu-Siemens, Toshiba & Compaq; coordinated projects, meetings, and field research on-site in the USA, Europe and Asia; and reported to V.P. of Marketing Patrick Moorhead. Contract ended when AMD announced $1B+ quarterly loss.
Bishop Lifting Products, 2001 – 2002 | Consultant
Internet marketing and website design consultant for lifting and rigging company supplying energy industry.
Tom King’s CompuTalk, 1994 – 2000 | Owner
Host of syndicated computer talk radio program on 70+ USA mainstream talk radio stations.
- Featured in Symantec ad campaigns and official kick-off event for Comdex Las Vegas
- Personally raised $1.5 million in seed funding for side “.com” project
- Art Institute of Houston – Website Design Seminars Organizer, 2011 – Present
- University of Houston – Modern Marketing Lecturer, 2011 – Present
- Houston Community College – Internet Marketing Seminars Organizer, 2010
- Houston Baptist University – Internet Marketing Instructor, 2009
- Prison Entrepreneurship Program – Volunteer, 2011 – Present